Rachel Miller shared her bucket list:
- Covered Bridges of Madison County and birth place of John Wayne
- Captain Kirk’s future birthplace in Riverside (Trek Fest in June)
- Sutliff Bridge
- Pella tulips (festival in early May)
- American Gothic House
- Field of Dreams in Dyersville
- Shortest and steepest railroad in Dubuque
- Reiman Garden in Ames
- Pikes Peak
- Maquota Caves
- Amana Colonies
- Mennonite village in Kalona
Embarrassing- from her list, I’ve only been to Amana Colonies!!!
On the same thread, Jessica Jewitt Reed added:
- Science Center
- Iowa Historical Museum
- Hickory Park Restaurant
- Boone Scenic Valley Railroad and Ledges Park
- Jordan Creek shopping area
- Climb Iowa
- Herbert Hoover birthplace and presidential library
- Natural History Museum
- Stringtown Grocery near Kalona
- Mississippi River Museum in Dubuque
Also have only been to one of these!
I’m not from the Midwest so also want to explore the greater area. I visited Chicago for the first time after moving here. I also want to go to the Lake Michigan area in Wisconsin and hit up Minneapolis.
Former IMP member Ashley Breinholt also talked about some of these places in a post on Iowa City Moms Blog.
What are we missing on this list? What have been some of your favorite places to visit?