You probably know the premise- buy something (or multiple things at same price point depending on how you are doing it) and then pick someone's name (or two or three people's), and they get your item. You leave with great things and get ideas from what everyone else landed.
What I learned from our exchange:
- Paper Mate marker pens are apparently beloved by teachers for not bleeding through paper.
- You can buy a lot of stuff for $20 from Target. I was the only one who used the money for one item (Cravings cookbook by Chrissy Teigen). Less math involved (and I do love cookbooks).
- We love Method multipurpose cleaner and hand soap.
- Target has the best snacks (gummy worms, Bare apple chips, Justin's peanut butter cups and some chocolate/madeleine hybrid were all chosen.
- An oil mister, hair towel wraps and travel phone charger also popped up.
- The "dollar" area can be a great source- especially for cute notebooks and stationery.
Ideas from other exchanges I've been to...of course it depends on the price point you set (I've done $5, $7 and $20...and if it's both men/women...but chances are people can trade. This has happened with non-drinkers swapping wine for something else):
- Gift cards: You won't win awards for creativity but who doesn't love an excuse to go to a coffee shop or cupcake place?
- Trader Joe's: Wine, everything but the bagel spice mix, desserts, tea--so much to choose from at a good price point. I brought tea and shortbread cookies to my last party.
- Mascara, lip-gloss or chap-stick.
- Hand lotion, face masks or sunscreen.
I'm already thinking about what I'll pick for a future party. Who's hosting??